Thursday 24 May 2012

Just a Few Layouts to Share

This will be quite a long post as I have a few layouts to share.

This first layout is inspired by a beautiful canvas created by Nadia Cannizzo using the Prima April Build A Page.  Nadia's piece was selected as a featured project and displayed on the Prima Blog (here).  The quote and the style of the piece spoke to me and I wanted to include it in my albums.  I have coloured the flowers and background with Glimmermist.

This layout is about the daughter of a very special friend of mine.  Katrina wasn't meant to survive the first years of her live, and last year she graduated High School.  This photograph was taken on the day of her Prom in December last year.  I was inspired by the Asymmetrical part of the Aussie Scrap Source Balance post on their blog.  I had a ball splashing Radiant Rain liquid around on the background and creating in a style that is more my daughter than myself.


This card I am sharing next was created by my good friend Sharon (Katrina's Mum).  I gave Sharon the challenge to create a card using the Color Room Palette #107 after she admired my layout (here).


I have created this layout using a Kaiser Saturday Sketch from some time ago, however I don't know when as I didn't write that down when my daughter gave it to me. 


The layouts and card that follow have been created using the May Competition Kits from Scrapbook Fantasies.  I last layout was actually created using the leftovers from the Card Kit, with the only addition being a sheet of Kraft Cardstock.



1 comment :

  1. Oh Mar i am so thrilled that I was able to inspire you to create the canvas. Sometimes I put my self out there and I wonder if I am just talking to my self LOL But thank you for making me feel that at least someone is listening. Can I just say how gorgeous your work is..I love the beautiful designs on all these projects. What a lovely layout the first one is, with the gorgeous colours and also the sentiment behind it. Once again THANK YOU so very much and I hope you keep up the good work :) Take care now ..xoxo Nadia,

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments....